(November 30, 2020)
Vescio Funeral Homes has been providing the very best service in the GTA since 2002. We are currently expanding our team and are looking for funeral directors and interns of all experience levels.
Our ideal candidate works well in a team environment, is energetic, eager, educated, passionate, and is looking to make a difference in the lives of the families we serve. We need someone who stands out and who is not afraid to go the extra mile for each and every family we serve.
A Successful Candidate Must . . .
• Have a professional demeanor.
• Know how to use a computer (Office / Photo software)
• Be Self-motivated and able to work efficiently under pressure.
• Have excellent attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills
• Be willing to work at both locations
• Multitask and organize
• Have a valid driver’s license with a clean record
Successful Candidates will be offered an Salary that is well above average for Funeral Services.
Some Benefits and Perks Include:
• A fantastic benefits package.
• Custom tailored suit, annually, including overcoat
• $150 / month in allowances for gas, dry cleaning, and cell phone
• Progressive work schedule
• Commission on select sales
• Paid Vacations and Personal Days
• Annual gift cards and Lieu days
We are up front, honest, and a great company to work for. We treat our families and our staff like our own. We are looking for funeral directors who work hard and are looking for long term employment. We have an energetic, educated, and well-rounded staff that welcome challenge. If this sounds interesting to you, if you feel bored at work, if you need to be challenged, if you need a change to better your future, Vescio Funeral Home is the place for you. Email or call me now to begin a long, successful, rewarding career.
Wanted - AB Gardiner Funeral Home, Winnipeg, Hearse Signs, Photos, Memorabilia I am looking for any old hearse signs from my family's funeral home in Winnipeg, which was in operation from the 1800's until merged with Leatherdale's in 1975. Also any photos or other memorabilia from Gardiner's. Willing to pay a fair and reasonable price. JB Gardiner, Everest Funeral Chapel, Thunder Bay. firstname.lastname@example.org.
British Columbia Funeral Association
(October 27, 2020)
An exciting opportunity exists to lead the British Columbia Funeral Association as Executive Director
The British Columbia Funeral Association (BCFA) is a membership-based organization representing cemetery, crematorium and funeral service professionals. Its mandate is to encourage the highest professional and ethical standards of our members and to provide a voice for the profession. The organization provides continuing education opportunities and annual events for professionals. Additionally, the BCFA is the only recognized provider of Funeral Service Apprenticeship Training for British Columbia. The BCFA liaises with government representatives to voice members’ concerns with respect to legislation, regulations and policies. To communicate on the results of these initiatives it provides members with publications and other regular information and updates, particularly relating to legislative changes. The organization also acts as a source of information on death and bereavement for the public. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will have solid experience in leading an organization that relies on partnerships and collaboration to achieve its strategic goals.
The Board seeks a knowledgeable, personable and articulate candidate with the following skills:
• Recent education/professional development/work experience in a field related to the environment, planning, and/or strategic management
• Strong strategic planning, analysis, presentation, and communication skills; demonstrated effectiveness in the development and implementation of programs, financial management and staff team management/development
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire others; form and maintain strategic collaborative relationships and commitment to learning and professional development
• Strong understanding of the effective and adept use with Microsoft Office, exemplary skills on virtual communication platforms, including web, media relations and social media
• Experience working with Board-led organizations, or recent experience as a professional association board member
• Valid BC Driver’s License
• The primary function of the ED’s job must be to carry out the role, goals and mission(s) of the organization while balancing various roles, duties and responsibilities to the different constituencies of the organization.
• A fundamental duty of the ED is to manage the finances of the organization, to be familiar with the finances; to hire competent staff support with financial expertise and regularly to consult with those responsible for financial affairs.
• The ED directs the development of short and long-range objectives, policies, budgets and operating plans for the organization while providing key performance indicators to the leadership on tactics and objectives annually to accomplish strategic directions.
• The ED represents the organization to industry groups, membership and the general public.
• The ED works with volunteers and the organization’s leadership to implement the organization’s strategic plan and directs an active outreach program to members, the general public, the government, and to other professional and community organizations.
• The ED maintains and develops effective communications and relations with the Board, officers and committee chairs, other organizations and with other associations and boards.
• The ED builds name recognition for the organization in the public sector and increases the influence of the Builds awareness and support for high standards in funeral service among members, news media, regulators and policymakers.
• Oversee, maintain and deliver BC Funeral Apprenticeship and other Programs in adherence with Industry Training Authority of British Columbia and the Private Training Institutions Branch.
The preferred candidate would reside in the Lower Mainland however other regions would be considered. Final benefits and salary package will be negotiated commensurate with candidate experience and skills. For more details, including major responsibilities and expectations, please visit bcfunerals.com under the Employment Opportunities section.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to BCFA President, Jason Everden at email@example.com.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Burnaby British Columbia
Service Corporation International (ULC) Canada Job Opportunities
(October 26, 2020)
Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
The Vancouver Personal Care Centre has immediate openings for two Licensed Embalmers
• Valid BC Embalmer’s License with minimum 2 years’ experience;
• Valid Driver’s License;
• Available to work weekends and “on-call”;
• Possesses strong computer skills;
• Excellent customer service and commitment to professionalism;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal;
• Candidate must be a proven team player and contribute positively to the work environment;
• Must be detail oriented and able to meet all deadlines efficiently;
• Be able to successfully manage large caseloads and delegate effectively with minimal supervision; and
• Be sensitive to cultural, ethnic and religious requirements
Further details and requirements for these opportunities are available at www.sci-corp.com
Licensed Class 1 Funeral Director Position
(October 13, 2020)
Job Type: Full-time
Simcoe Funeral Home-Orillia
We are a small independent funeral home looking to add someone who has working knowledge and comfort with all aspects of funeral service, with a willingness to continue to learn and grow as a well rounded Funeral Director.
• Minimum 3 years License Class 1 Funeral Director’s License
• Valid Ontario “G” driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
• Professional demeanor and appearance
As a Funeral Director you will be required to:
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
• Have excellent attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
• Have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills, that will exceed family’s expectations and needs
• Arranging, Prearranging, Directing, Embalming
• Scheduled on-call
• Assisting with Funeral Home Maintenance
We will provide an opportunity for personal and professional growth, a focus on work/life balance, and an employee friendly working schedule. We offer a competitive salary, professional clothing, and dry-cleaning allowance. Salary will be based on the experience and skills of the successful candidate.
Springfield Funeral Home – Kelowna, British Columbia
(October 6, 2020)
Due to continued growth, we have three openings, a Funeral Service Manager, a licensed funeral director and an embalmer to join our team. The successful candidates must be dynamic, self-starting and customer service driven. You will possess exceptional skills and experience in either: Arranging and Directing services and/or embalming.
1. Funeral Service Manager (Managing all Licensed team members)
2. Funeral Director/Arranger
3. Embalmer to work within our Care Centre
Consideration will also be given to recently licensed graduates, for the non-managerial positions.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Founded in 1981, Springfield Funeral Home is an independent family owned and operated funeral home.
Kelowna is a vibrant city, that offers an excellent quality of life, with its location in the beautiful pristine Okanagan Valley, a setting that is second to none.
Further details and requirements for these opportunities are available at www.sci-corp.com
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
Purchase Opportunity (Ontario)
FUNERAL HOME FOR SALE
LOCATED IN EASTERN ONTARIO
(September 17, 2020)
100 plus calls per year. Great building with reception room, large parlours and dedicated chapel. Ample parking. Large one bedroom apartment. Rapidly growing area. Great traditional call base. Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Opportunity (GTA)
FUNERAL DIRECTOR ASSISTANT POSITION
(July 9, 2020)
Full-time opportunity in Mississauga, ON If you are a passionate and dedicated Funeral Director Assistant looking to contribute to a fast-paced growing company, this position could be for you! Tranquility Burial & Cremation Service Inc.is a low cost, all-inclusive alternative funeral home, privately owned by the Silverthorne family and are committed to offering respectful, honest and professional services. We are currently seeking two (2) full-time, six-month contract Funeral Director Assistants to work various assigned shifts in both Mississauga and Cambridge locations. You will work as a part of an inter-professional team. In this role, you will carry out assigned duties, particularly through ensuring a professional environment, and contribute to the organization by promoting and supporting the dignity and emotional and cultural well-being of our clients.
More specifically, as a Funeral Director Assistant, you will:
• Conduct transfers of the deceased from place of death
• Transfer the deceased to funeral homes from nursing homes, hospitals, Coroner’s office etc.
• Assist with cremations and processing and packing of cremated remains
• Assisting with the dressing and casketing of the deceased
• Preparing for funeral services and perform a variety of tasks during funeral to assist directors and to ensure that services run as planned
• Assist with administrative duties and light housekeeping duties
• Offer assistance and support to bereaved
• Support a health workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable and regulatory requirements.
This position involves 8-hour shift rotations, and on-call evening and weekend work at all sites.
• A valid Driver’s License and Clean Driver’s Record
• Knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices
• Must be detail-oriented and professional
• Ability to work with individuals from diverse ethno-cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
• Computer literacy
• Ability to take direction well and work effectively both in a team environment and independently
Please note: This is a part-time, contract position (6 months) for the Mississauga and Cambridge locations
(May 11, 2020)
Excellent opportunity, offering a turn-key funeral business, with three locations operating in the Conception Bay North Area, Newfoundland and Labrador. A well-established business for 90 years with a loyal community following, approximately 160 deaths per year. All three locations have recent upgrades that includes chapel seating, reception areas, showcase product rooms, meeting rooms, etc. Pride of ownership is highly visible in all locations which have been meticulously maintained. Acquisition information available upon request and signing of a non-disclosure agreement. Please forward all requests for information via email to: email@example.com.
LICENSED FUNERAL DIRECTOR - CLASS 1
(May 5, 2020)
Westview Funeral Chapel is seeking a full-time Licensed Funeral Director - Class 1 to join our team. We are a busy, family owned funeral home in London, Ontario.
The successful candidate will be required to complete all aspects of funeral service including but not limited to:
• Arrange with both at need and pre need families
• Complete transfers
• Coordinate and direct funeral ceremonies
• Respond to information and service inquiries
• Maintain funeral home facility and vehicles as required
Possess the following traits:
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
• Possess excellent attention to detail
• Have strong communication skills; both verbal and written
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills
• Effective time management skills
• Contribute positively and professionally to the funeral home team, vendors and client families
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities
• A valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record is required
• Management experience preferred
The successful candidate will receive:
• A very competitive salary (based on experience)
• 40 hour work week, combination of days, evenings and alternating weekends
• Health and benefit package
• Employer matched RRSP contributions
• Vacation, increasing with length of service
Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please advise if you require accommodation due to a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants whose background and experience match the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Eastern Ontario Funeral Homes for sale. Rural setting with good traditional base. Includes 3 bedroom apartment, large detached heated garage and both locations have large lots. Second location is in bedroom community of major city with several subdivisions slated over the next few years. Call volume is 100+- per year. Includes vehicles (2016 Taurus as lead car, 2014 Hearse and an 2017 van (on lease pmts), Real Estate (two locations). Owner will stay on if buyer wishes. Owner just renewed mortgage and says existing debt can be assumed if desired. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
(March 31, 2020)
Reaume Funeral Home Inc. is looking for a Funeral Director Class 1 with zero to two years experience. Those who will be receiving their license, this summer, will be considered. This opportunity is located in the small town of Tilbury, Ontario. As a family owned business, we have served our surrounding community for over 50 years with dignity and respect. Our facility takes care of an average of 85 calls per year with over half being traditional funerals. We are looking for someone who shares these values and will excel in making our community feel comfortable and cared for.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Arranging, coordinating and directing funeral ceremonies
• Transfers of deceased
• Embalming, cosmetics, and hairstyling
• Assisting with dressing and casketing of deceased
• Building relationships within the community
• Obtaining and handling proper paperwork
• Cleaning and driving funeral vehicles
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work with little or no supervision as well as with a team
• Other tasks as required
• 5 days a week depending on shift.
• Able to work every other weekend.
• One day a week off.
• May be scheduled more hours one week due to workload.
Individuals must have a Valid Driver’s Licence and a successful police clearance.
We offer; a competitive wage depending on experience, benefits, and clothing allowance after 3 months.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please e-mail your cover letter and resume in confidence to Greg Reaume at email@example.com